Friday, January 23, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Blogging Award

So, this actually isn't the first time I've been nominated for this tag, but (and I feel awful about it) I never had the time to respond and participate in it. So my two nominators are Anah (@AnahSpiers) from Turtles in My Soup and the lovely Rachel (@Queenie_Rachy) from Stained Glass Windows.


Rules for the Tag:
  • Thank the blogger who nominated you, and link back to their side.
  • Post the Award Logo on your blog.
  • Answer the ten questions they've sent you.
  • Make up ten questions for your nominees to answer.
  • Nominate ten people (you're supposed to nominate ten, but I'm going to nominate about half that because, reasons).
And here goes, my questions (provided by Rachel), plus my hopefully somewhat-interesting answers:

1. When writing, do you keep a notebook nearby to write down anything that comes to mind?

Um...okay, so this first answer is complicated. If I have a notebook nearby (say I'm at work or in class), then yes, I use it. If I'm about to go to bed, or I'm out and about, I use the notepad on my phone.

2. Are you a morning or a night person?


Jeez, okay. Another sort-of complicated one (I'm sorry, okay? I'm weird). I'm more of a dark person? I used to call myself a night person, but recently I've changed my scheduling habits so instead of staying up late, I just get up early. So I'm more of a whenever-the-sun's-down kind of person.

3. Song you have stuck in your mind?


At any given moment there's about five that qualify for this. Most recently it's been Cell Block Tango from Chicago, since I saw the play last week. I also get Immortals, by Fall Out Boy stuck a lot. On a more normal basis (and here comes my nerdy side) it's been Unravel, by TK from Ling Tosite Sigure (the song is the opening theme for Tokyo Ghoul) and/or Kyoukai no Kanata, by Minori Chihara (opening theme for Beyond the Boundary).

4. What was the last book you read?


Easy question, yay! I actually just finished 10:04, by Ben Lerner. Still not sure what to make of it, but it was somewhat interesting in the way it was told.

5. What is the meaning of life?


To experience it.

6. Have you ever started crying when writing a scene?

Never. Actually, I'm a bit of a masochist in that I start smiling like an idiot when writing emotionally intense scenes (intense in both a good or a bad way).

7. Have you ever met an author face to face? If so, what was it like?


Technically, yes. I mean, my thesis adviser is the author of some books (I think she said four?), and one of the other professors in the English Dept. at my school is also an author (she's also the professor leading my Online Publishing class). It was very...normal, I suppose? I mean, I respect them a great deal, and I hope to get to actually read their books when I'm not busy trying to get school work done. Although, my reaction might be different if I met, say, Natalie D. Richards or Courtney Alameda or Marissa Meyer (three of my favorite authors) since I've basically fangirled over their books more than I'd like to admit.

8. Tea or coffee?

Both. Coffee in the morning, tea at night. The reason is that I've learned that I absolutely love peppermint tea and that coffee tastes really strange when I haven't just woken up. Still not sure why.

9. Your life is now the last movie/TV show you watched. What was that? And are you happy or worried?


Lord of the Rings (the whole trilogy). So...does this mean I get to be an elf and that I'll suddenly have a mastery of archery? If so, I'd be happy. Or if I became a wizard (witch? wizardess?).

10. You one day stumble upon a time machine. You can go to one period in time. And you can take someone from your current time with you. who would you take? Where would you go? Plot twist: you have to stay in that period forever, with that one person you took with you. Choose wisely.


Oooh, okay. Good question. The person would undeniably be my roommate, Melissa, because we simply wouldn't be able to function without each other (or so I assume. Melissa, speak now or forever hold your peace). The time period...the twenties. I understand that the Depression and WWII are just around the corner, but man all the jazz and booze and life was meant just to be lived in, no matter who you were.

*

There you have it: me in ten questions. Aren't I a loon?

My Questions:

  1. Favorite genre to read or write?
  2. Favorite genre to watch in a TV show or movie?
  3. Favorite social media platform? Why?
  4. Winter, Summer, Spring, or Fall?
  5. Pancakes or French Toast?
  6. You can have any job in the world. What is it, and why? And, no, you can't say "writer" or "author" for this one.
  7. Captain America or Iron Man? Whoever you don't choose becomes your mortal enemy, so choose wisely.
  8. What's the best piece of advice you've ever gotten, and who gave it to you? What was the situation?
  9. What inspires you?
  10. It's the apocalypse. Would you rather be stuck fighting zombies for the rest of your life (probably ending by getting eaten or at least bit by said zombie), or be stuck in some kind of environmental disaster (intense heat, water shortage, flooding...)?

My nominees: Briana @ The Novelista, Hannah Hunt @ Write, Read, Sleep, Repeat, Taylor Lynn @  Paper Daydreams, Brianne Moore @ A Curious Affliction, Nicole Lautore @ Nicole Lautore and Aimee Meester @ To the Barricade!

7 comments:

  1. Love your answers! Thanks for doing the tag. I was trying really hard to come up with questions I had not asked in previous tags. So that is why they ended up like that, haha. :))))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for tagging me! I don't normally do these, but they're great fun sometimes and I couldn't resist! And no apologies: your questions were so much fun to answer!

      Delete
  2. Aw, I'm kind of sad you didn't use any of my questions, but it's still a nice post. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, dear XD I was going to use some of your questions, too, but I was short on time and these were right in front of me XD

      Delete
  3. Aah, thanks so much for tagging me, Rae! I don't usually post tags on my blog, but I totally appreciate you nominating me to participate, and I enjoyed reading your answers as well. :) I also think it's interesting that you switched from night to morning person with no trouble, just so long as it's dark outside, haha!

    I haven't ever cried while writing a scene, either. I think I'm kind of like you; I look forward to writing the intense/emotional scenes, whether they're good-intense or bad-intense, haha. Also, peppermint tea is awesome! And I feel the same way about meeting authors; I met a whole bunch last year, and I was struck by how normal it felt to meet and chat with them. Like, once you're in the same room as them, you just kind of realize how much you have in common with them, rather than putting them up on a pedestal. Or at least, that's how it worked for me! Of course, many of them were new-to-me authors, so it might be different if I met, say, John Green or Maggie Stiefvater. There might be some flailing then, haha. ;) (By the way, that's so cool that your professors are also authors!)

    Also, I thought I'd answer a few of the questions for you here, since I probably won't do a post (sorry!):

    2. Comedy. I love comedy, whether it's TV or movies! And by comedy, I mean rom-coms but also Disney/Pixar animation or basically anything that makes me laugh. My favorite shows are The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, That '70s Show, Friends, and New Girl! :)

    4. Fall. I used to be a summer person, but the past few years I've really become an autumn enthusiast. :)

    6. What, no picking "author"?! Haha, okay, then: librarian! I'm actually considering going after a degree in Library Sciences, so this one may very well come to fruition, haha.

    Great questions, Rae--and thanks again for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *squees* I'm so happy you at least answered some of them! And no worries; I almost didn't do this one simply because I didn't know when, but then I had a small smidgen of time open up so I figured, "Eh, why not?"

      Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment, anyway, Taylor! It's great hearing from you!

      Delete
    2. Of course, I'm glad you tagged me! You came up with some great questions, so it was fun to answer some of them in the comments. :) Hugs!

      Delete