Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Top Ten Challenge

So there's this thing going around Facebook where somebody tags you and you list your ten favorite books. These can be books that you simply enjoy, or even books that've simply stuck with you for some reason.

I finally got tagged (I have so many bookish friends that I'm not sure why it didn't happen sooner). I shared my list on my personal Facebook, but I figured this is something too good not to share with ya'll, too.

Without any further stalling, I present my Top Ten:

1. A Handful of Dust - Evelyn Waugh
2. Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguro
3. The Raven Cycle (series) - Maggie Stiefvater
4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
5. Nancy Drew (series) - Carolyn Keene
6. East of Eden - John Steinbeck
7. Brave New World - Aldous Huxley
8. The Lost Girl - Sangu Mandanna
9. The Giving Tree - Shel Silverstein
10. Housekeeping - Marilynne Robinson

Some of these were from my childhood, others were required reading in either high school or college. Others were read for fun (in fact, three of them have been reviewed here on the blog). In any case, these are my top ten.

What are your favorite books?

Tweet It:

Challenged by friends on Facebook, blogger @Rae_Slater shares her top ten book picks (Click to Tweet)


@Rae_Slater's top ten book picks includes@StephenChbosky @mstiefvater @sangumandanna and more. What's your top ten? (Click to Tweet)

No comments:

Post a Comment