Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Liebster Award

So this is kind of exciting. I've been nominated by the lovely Lyssa Drake and Hanah Lyndon over at Poison and Tea for the Liebster Award (*cue confetti*). Like I said, this is kind of exciting because usually I'm the nominator, instead of the nominated.



The Rules (I've Been Given):
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.

Okay, so . . .

11 Random Facts About Rae Slater:
1. I have a strange fascination with carnivals, circuses, and carousels.
2. My favorite superhero is Iron Man.
3. I have a tattoo on my right wrist.
4. I've always had a secret desire to be a spy, but when I think it through all the way I know it would never work out.
5. My favorite weather includes clouds, rain, thunder, and lightning.
6. I'm going to be an aunt in September/October.
7. Once I'm financially stable enough to have a cat, I want to name him Mako.
8. German Shepherds are my favorite breed of dog.
9. I don't like chocolate cake.
10. Birthday Apple Pies are a yearly norm for me (as opposed to everyone else who typically get Birthday Cakes).
11. As I write this, I'm secretly freaking out about three major research papers and a fourth research assignment all due in approximately three weeks.

11 Questions and Answers:

1. Which book(s) would you like to see a movie of?
Um . . . oh, gosh. That implies I actually have time to read books these days. *thinks* Shoot, okay. This is a harder question than I thought it would be. I would say Not a Drop to Drink, by Mindy McGinnis, because it's currently my favorite book ever. But do to it's slower pacing (all part of the plot, I swear. The book is practically perfect), I'm not sure it would make a great movie. So I'm going to go with All Our Yesterdays, by Cristin Terrill. Seriously, though; time travel!

2. Which one do you prefer with your books: tea or coffee?
Depends. If I'm writing said book: coffee. If I'm reading it, then tea.

3. If you could become any character from your favourite novel, who would you be?
Well . . . okay, this is a real big cop-out, and I apologize, and only because currently I don't have a favorite novel that's in the category of genre that I'd want to exist in. I've always been in love with the idea of cybernetics, bio-mechanics, and the like, so I'd love to be *coughs* Ronnie from *coughcough* The Hollow Men. Weird reasoning: she goes through a lot, emotionally, and I feel like she eventually learns a lot about herself, and also because she's super strong and super fast and she has a bionic arm. Seriously. (Again, I apologize for the cop-out, but I'm trying to be honest?)

4. Who is your number one book boyfriend?
Um. Okay. I'm not a romance-oriented person so I don't usually think about this. Um . . . Okay. Kisten Felps, vampire. From the Hollows series by Kim Harrison, which follows a kick-ass witch from a parallel present/future where humans coexist with paranormal creatures.

5. Is there a book you didn't think you'd like but ended up loving?
I didn't love it, exactly, but I was iffy about The Fault in Our Stars; honestly, I was afraid that everybody's gushing about it would ruin it, but I still liked it in the end. I didn't love it, but it wasn't disappointing.

6. What does your dream library look like?
Big. Dark-ish. Comfortable. A sliding ladder.

7. Do you have a favourite quote? What is it?
I have many. The one that's always stuck with me, though, is: "This is the way the world ends/Not with a bang but a whimper." -- The Hollow Men, T.S. Eliot

8. If your favorite book was an ice cream flavour what would it be?
Butter Pecan.

9. What do you order your bookshelf by?
Space? Right now I don't have space, exactly, to put my books. I try to keep all of my series together, but with anything that's a stand-alone, it goes wherever it fits.

10. What is one book you could read over and over again and not get bored?
Um, well. This is actually a question that may or may not get me in trouble, but I can't read books twice. If I try reading them a second time, I wind up skimming, jumping around, and abandoning it halfway through chapter two.

11. Have you ever bought a book because the cover was cool? If yes, which book was it? If there are more, the last one.
Yes. It was Throne of Glass, by Sarah J. Maas.

My Questions:
1. What is your favorite book that was assigned by a teacher?
2. If you could get one literary quote tattooed on your body, what would it be?
3. Choose your poison: weights, jogging, or the elliptical?
4. You can have any superpower in the world. What is it?
5. What is your favorite genre to read, and why?
6. Your dream job comes with your dream living location. Where are you and what are you doing?
7. Night Owl or Early Bird?
8. What kinds of music do you like to listen to when you write/read?
9. You're now a character from Sherlock. Who are you and why?
10. In one of my favorite books (A Handful of Dust, by Evelyn Waugh), the main character is left doomed to read Charles Dickens for the rest of his life. If you were forced to read any book/author for the rest of your life (and it's torture), what/who would it be?
11. What's the one genre that, no matter how hard you try, you can't read? Can't write?

My Nominees:
So, I don't know that many bloggers (le sigh), and Hanah and Lyssa  already took most of the people I know. I hate that I can't come up with 11, but here goes:
1. Brianne Moore, Late Night Radio
2. Raven Paramour, Carrier of the Snark
3. Hannah Hunt, Hannah Hunt

And now to end this incredibly long (I'm sorry!) post: au revoir!

Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment