Monday, February 24, 2014

First Posts

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Supposedly first posts mean introductions.

So . . . The name's Rae. Most people call me . . . Rae. I mean, it's a nickname so it can't get any shorter than that. I am 19 years old and attending New Mexico State University, studying English with an emphasis in Creative Writing. When I'm not making a fool out of myself in front of my roommate (shoutout to Melissa!), I tend to shut myself up in my room with music, movies, and my laptop. This means that people tend not to see me for hours/days at a time and sometimes even forget that I exist.

I dream. And I like to do things that make me happy. Life doesn't have an appeal for me if I'm somewhere I don't want to be, hence why I'm secretly planning to move . . . somewhere else. I started writing in 2008 upon my introduction to high school, and ever since then all I've wanted is to share my characters and stories with the world.

I have three completed novels under my belt; the most recent is my pride and glory (check it out, here). It's called The Hollow Men. I love to write clever little mixes of dystopia, science fiction (bio-mechanics and cyborgs, anyone?), and occasionally throw in a post-apocalyptic world where anything is possible. All of my novels are aimed at young adults.

Okay, almost done, I promise. A few fun facts:

-Wonderland is my fantasy
-I do not believe I would survive The Hunger Games past the first day
-I do think I would make it a considerable way through the zombie apocalypse

That last one might just be a delusion, though.

If you'd like to stay up to date with what's happening in my writing, guess what? I've got a Faceboook page. Here.

Stay Crazy.

Rae

PS: ask me questions. I love questions. I even have a day to post about questions (Friday's Questions & Quandries). Ask me about anything: myself, writing, college, what dessert you should eat after dinner (here's a hint: both).

No comments:

Post a Comment